The Spiritual Traveler – England, Scotland, Wales
The Guide to Sacred Sites and Pilgrim Routes in Britain
by Martin Palmer and Nigel Palmer
This unique guidebook takes you on a journey across the rural and urban landscapes of Britain, discovering and exploring a multitude of sacred sites: ancient stone circles and tombs, Christian and pre-Christian shrines, medieval synagogues, small country churches and soaring cathedrals, Eastern temples, abbey ruins, sacred cities, holy wells and rivers, ancient yew trees and monastery gardens.
Read the stories behind these extraordinary places of spiritual power:
- The Path from Iona to Lindisfarne
- the ancient Saints’ Way in North Wales
- a multi-faith pilgrimage to Muslim mosques, Jewish synagogues, Quaker meeting houses, Hindu temples and Buddhist shrines
- the Pilgrims’ Way from London to Canterbury
- the powerful route of women mystics from Ely to Walsingham
- in search of King Arthur from Glastonbury to Tintagel
- the Road of Stones from Stonehenge to Avebury
Click below to find this book on Amazon.